Thursday, February 4, 2010

"The Snowy Day"



We went to a play today! It was based on the book "The Snowy Day" by Ezra Jack Keats.

The did a wonderful job, it may be my favorite this year! The girls loved it and were engaged throughout the whole play! Auntie Barbie went with us. It is so wonderful to see their improved attention span- it gets better each time we go to a play! I tend to pick the ones for younger children so both of them can follow it and we read the book ahead of time! They are only one hour long. I am excited for Emma and Ellie to join us!

Sarah wants to be in a play now. I think we have a few hundred things to work on before we add that to the schedule! I told for now focus on doing your very best at Chinese dance, gymnastics and swimming!

This may sound odd but we are working at communicating accurately. Having the appropriate emotions that match the circumstance. Being considerate of others schedules (and realizing we are not the center of the universe). I can't really imagine encouraging her to learn how to pretend and fake her feelings when we are trying to do just the opposite- do you know what I mean?

Anyway- we had a wonderful time! I think we will continue going to the plays and not being in them!

No comments: