Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update on Anna- 2009!

























We have sent an update to Anna's foster family! It feels so good when we do that- our dear daughter would not be alive IF it weren't for them! The took the time to feed her with her open cleft and made sure she got the care she needed to survive - God Bless them! She was left 4 days after her birth - her precious birth mom loved her and held her until she realized she had to let her go. Anne had a bilateral cleft- a double opening as wide as her little nose. She had no suck what so ever and could not get any food. For 3 weeks she lost weight until they put her in a foster home- then everything turned around and this dear lady did what she needed to do for our precious daughter- thank you Jesus! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

We try to send her updated photos each year, a letter and a little gift. We are so grateful for what she did for our daughter. I know she cried for many days after our Anna left. ( I know because we called her). It is heartbreaking to love and bond with a child only to have the child taken away. These are very special women and very special families that do foster care. We hope to someday visit her and her family. Anna is only 3.5 years old. She would have to be about 7 yrs old before we would do a heritage trip. I pick the younger age only because her sisters will be older. Oh my, when Anna is 7, Sarah will be 13, Emma 12 and Ellie 11.

On another note I am so excited to have this done because the next gift goes to Emma and Ellie! We will not know if they receive it until we bring them home. Sarah received parts of the gifts we sent but was not told who it was from, it would be so difficult for them (the girls) to know too early. I do not think they would be comforted by our thoughtfulness but instead they would fear the unknown. I am okay with however they handle it- I will just pray that it is a fit for our girls. If they get something new and it makes them happy that is all that matters. They will soon enough learn about us, their new family and at that time we will begin our adjustment journey!

I know I say this a lot but "Thank you Jesus!"

6 comments:

Jill said...

Anna has such a heart warming story! It brought tears to my eyes! I hope someday she gets to go back and see her foster mother! Won't that be a happy day! How awesome of you to keep in touch once a year through letters, photos and a gift! I am sure she treasures those updates, and holds them deep within her heart!

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

What a precious girl that Anna is!! A blessing to you straight from our amazing God.

Love the pics! And love that Lucy is in one of them! :) Makes me miss you guys! Let's get together *soon*, OK?!

Sue said...

It is amazing how much she has changed over the years. I can remember meeting you the first time at a Friday playgroup at my house. Anna hadn't been home for long at all.
I think it is very cool that you can continue to have contact with the foster mom. To be able to share that store with Anna.

Jboo said...

Such great photos! What a sweet brave girl. So nice that you are able to keep in touch with her foster family.

Janet

Gayle said...

Beautiful pics, Jean! I especially love the family photo--Anna's foster mom will rejoice in knowing Anna is so treasured!

Difference2This1 said...

What a precious little girl!!!