Friday, December 25, 2009

Joy, Joy, Joy!

Look at the face! The gift practically took her breath away!


This little girl was so genuinely thankful for getting gifts - it was such a joy to watch!

Beautiful American Girl pajamas!


Huuugh, What is this?


Matching jammies for my doll?


A double stroller for my dolls! I think I've died and gone to heaven!


This little girl need her Mommy to fix her hair again BUT then she may have cried? She hates to have her hair combed! I wouldn't want Christmas to get off to a bad start by combing my daughters hair!?!


She loves her NiHao Kialan doll! Seriously Hubby and I think she looks like Kialan!


I am amazed at these precious children. Such incredible gifts from God. Sometimes they leave me speechless. No, not cause they were naughty but because the are such incredible little human beings and have so much to offer a family. I am so thankful to Jesus for how he has guided us. It is not an easy road and every minute is not joyous but it is so worth the journey.

This was an especially fun Christmas with the girls. They loved every bit of the holiday activities and celebration! Everything just seemed to click a little more. We decided not to do Santa Claus but to teach the girls that Christmas is Jesus's birthday. I wasn't sure what we would do about this issue but it became very obvious what was the right choice.

Sarah has been home one year and building a trusting relationship is of prime importance. We just couldn't see pretending there was a Santa Claus with her and basically lying about the whole thing. Plus, she is 9.5 years old and then she would find out the truth from a friend and she may believe them over us - that is something we do not want.. we want her to know she can trust us to tell her the truth. We told her all about Santa and read a book on St Nick (thank you Tonggu Momma).

We of course we told Anna the same thing but she may not have understood! Here is her conversation with Johnny last night-
J- Anna you need to go to bed, Santa will be coming soon!
A- Should I hide under my covers?
J- No, he is going to bring you presents!
A- Soooo, he is nice????
J- Yes, Santa is nice!
A- I gonna get presents, I gonna get presents!

Oh well, she'll get it someday!

2 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

Merry Christmas sweet friend of mine!!!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas with your darling girls!

Now that Christmas is over, I am on a mission to get our next kiddos home!!! Next thing on the agenda right?!!!

I have some exciting news for you too!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy Christmas! And you are so welcome about the book suggestion - isn't it wonderful?