Sunday, July 26, 2009

Conquered Fears!

I am gonna do this! I am ready to go!

On second thought, maybe not! I'm out of here!

Okay, you said I can have candy! I guess I will give it a try!

Yippee!! This is fun!

Oh Ya! I did it! Now let's have the candy!

I gotta do this again! This is too much fun!

Yes, here I am attempting the diving board! All eyes are glued to me! (Well, at least my parents are watching!) The crowd is silent!

Yahoo!! I did it! Do I get double the candy now?



Sarah is making such good progress with swimming! They even told us she may be done with lessons in October and ready for the strokes class! She is doing the freestyle, backstroke and the butterfly! She still is working on getting her breathing coordinated with the strokes while doing the freestyle. She loves the water and is just like a little fish in it!

Today was a big day- she is jumping off the diving board and going down the slide into the deep end! She knows to go right into her stroke and swim to the side! She has been working on this and working on getting the courage up to go off the diving board and the slide! She is so thrilled with herself and her accomplishments this summer! She said tonight " Now I just have to do those monkey bars!"

3 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah Sarah!! You go girl!!!
Congrats on the slide AND diving board! You are one brave girl!
Hugs, Jill

Jboo said...

Wow - way to go Sarah! Those are huge accomplishments -- what a great swimmer!

Janet

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Wow! I think we may be seeing Sarah in the Olympics someday! Seriously...she has made huge strides! There's gotta be a God-given talent there.

Love the pics! Cute!!